Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Coffee Cake Muffins

Funny story with these ones. As a good housewife does, i refilled the sugar canister when it got low. And yes, I was quite pleased with myself. Let's just say, sometimes it takes a while to "get around" to that task.
Well, another proud moment of the morning. It was my husband's first day of his new job and I wanted to make sure he started well so that the day went fabulously. So, I made him his favorite muffins with boiled eggs. MMM! No better way to send him off to his first day of work :)
Well, the muffins were done just at the right time so he could leave early and not have to hurry.
We sit down, say our prayer, bite into the morsels of deliciousness and...
Ewwww! I ran to the sink and spit it out as fast as I could.
Apparently, when salt and sugar are in large Tupperware in the pantry they look just the same. Labeling those was on the to-do list yesterday. Hmmm, should'a done that.
To put it short: we had 1/2 C of salt in our muffins this morning.

So, on his first day of his new job I sent my husband off after a breakfast of Boiled Eggs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Perfect :)

Now, I recognize that these have already been posted but they are delicious enough to be repeated.

So instead of reposting the entire recipe i'll send you to the original link.


Go and enjoy! But remember...check your salt and sugar. Don't mix them up, it is definitely NOT delicious if you do. But, it does make a funny story :)

(These pictures were the next morning's redemption.)

No comments:

Post a Comment