Monday, June 6, 2011

White Chili

Have you ever seen Ratatouille? Remember when "Little Chef" makes Ratatouille at the end for the mean critic and his first bite takes him back to when he was a little boy? At that point in the movie do you think of your meal that takes you back?
Well, meet my Ratatouille.
White Chili was a staple growing up. It was the go-to meal when all 5 of us kids had a game or a recital or a practice all at 6:00. It's one of those meals that when i take a bite I'm taken back to my own childhood and it tastes so much better because of it. I can see my mom's kitchen 15 yrs. ago, picture us sitting on the bar stools in various uniforms, ready for carpools and friends. I can hear us laughing or arguing or both. I can hear my sweet Dad, asking us to take 10 minutes and pick up our stuff before we all leave in different directions, and finally I can see us all stop, for just a minute, and enjoy our white chili.
I hope you enjoy it too!

{Ingredients}

2 ½ C Water

1 tsp. Lemon pepper

1 tsp Cumin Seeds

4 Chicken Breasts

1 tsp. Olive Oil

1 Garlic Clove, minced

1 C chopped Onion

2, 9 oz. Frozen Shoe-peg White Corn

2, 4 oz. Cans of Diced Green Chilis

1 tsp. Ground Cumin

3 Tbsp. Lime Juice

2, 15 oz. Cans of Great Northern Beans


Monterrey Jack Cheese

Tortilla Chips

Avocado

Sour cream

Salsa

{Directions}

Combine water, lemon pepper and cumin seeds in large pot. Saute garlic and onion in skillet and add to pot. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Line soup bowls with shredded monterey Jack Cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Garnish with sour cream , salsa and avocado.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment