Monday, June 6, 2011

Orange-Cheese Jello

Everyone says that Utahn's are known for eating 2 things, Ice-cream and Jello. Can't be a Mormon party or a family party without at least one of these (and preferably both!) This one is for my Dad! It's his favorite and is a definite must-have for his birthday and Father's Day! Trust me, it's worth trying!!!

{Ingredients}

1 3 oz. Orange Jello

1 c cold water

sm can of crushed pineapple, drained

½ pint whipping cream

2/3 c cheddar cheese

½ c sugar

{Directions}

Dissolve jello in 1 cup water

heat pineapple and sugar in pan until dissolved.

Boil

Add jello to pan, return to boil.

Put it in the fridge to thicken, stirring occasionally.

When thickened add cheese and whipped cream.

Stir together, put back in fridge. Let solidify.

2 comments:

  1. When you say "cheese," what kind of cheese are we talking about? When I read this recipe, I was picturing cheddar cheese in my head :) But I think it's probably cream cheese... Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, what an awful thing not to specify! I'm so sorry! It actually is cheddar cheese. It gives it a yummy texture! Thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete