Saturday, September 21, 2013

Lemon pudding

Ok everyone, this post is a little bit of a cheat. My husband announced that his favorite kind of pie is Sour Cream Raspberry. Who knew? after 5 yearrs I thought that was one thing I had down -- apple or cherry pie were the go-to-make every thing better-pies. Apparently not so much. He said he's never said anything because he's never seen them anywhere but Frontier Pies and that's out of business so he's settled for others.
Well, that got a bug going and I was determined to recreate his pie.  I even picked fresh raspberries.

BUT...This post isn't that pie :) The pie is coming soon. I made it. It was good but not THE pie. So, it's coming soon. However, after making the pie I had leftover lemon pudding, so I made us a fun little treat.
There is nothing fancy about this dessert. It probably shouldn't be blog-worthy. However, it's yummy, it took 5 minutes, it looks awesome and it was fun to have a "fancy" little treat on a friday night. So, next time you want to impress but want to keep it as simple as physically possible, here is your go-to.

{Ingredients}
1 package instant lemon pudding
2 cups COLD milk
raspberries, or berry of choice
mint leaves, optional

{Directions}
Pour milk into bowl, add pudding and whisk for 2 minutes. Let it sit for 5 minutes. It will be soft set. Yes, these are the directions on the pudding box. Pour into small individual cups, top with fruit and a mint sprig. chill until you are ready to dive in.

Yummy!

Come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment