Monday, June 6, 2011

Award-winning Meatloaf

I'll be the first to admit that when I hear (well, heard) the word meatloaf, my nose would crinkle up and I was suddenly not hungry at all...until I had this one! My dear friend, J'Deene Parkhurst, made me try it even though I through a little fit like a 3-yr-old and then smiled a little satisfied grin when I asked if I could have a copy of the recipe. I don't know what is different or why it's so much better than all other meatloafs, I wish I knew. But I do know that it was yummy and unexpected.

{Ingredients}

1 ½ lb lean Ground Beef

1 C Tomato Juice or Sauce

¾ C Quaker Oats

1 Egg, lightly beaten

¼ C chopped Onion

¼ tsp. Salt

¼ tsp. Pepper

{Directions}


Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix everything together with your hands (I have no idea why but it tastes better this way) and press into a loaf pan. Bake 1 hour until the center is no longer pink and no juices show.

No comments:

Post a Comment